2020 Darfield High School Ski Programme
Darfield High School and Porters Ski Area would like to encourage safe skiing and boarding through regular education and raising skill levels.
There are two packages to choose from:
$40.00 per half day plus $20.00 for transport and admin costs. This equates to $60.00 per trip or $600.00 for 10 trips. Cost includes equipment hire, lift pass and four one and a half hour lessons.
Note: This package total cost is similar to previous years.
This package is for those who hold a season pass and have their own equipment.
$25.00 for one and a half hour lesson for four lessons plus $20.00 for transport and admin costs each trip. This equates to $100.00 total for lessons, plus $200.00 for transport, a total of $300.00 for 10 trips.
- If I have my own skis/board but no season pass? Purchase Package 1.
- Can I pay progressively? Yes, provided total amount is paid by the closing date.
- How many lessons do students have? Four one and a half hour lessons.
- Are snowboards available at Porters? Yes, they can be hired under Package 1.
- Can parents ski? Yes, under the same terms as the students, although lessons are available only for beginners.
Enrolments open 10 May 2020 and close 24 June 2020 (or when numbers reach 100 – the maximum number practicable).
All drivers for the programme are to be police vetted. Please download, print and fill in the vetting form below. You will need to provide two forms of ID in person when handing the form into the school office – one photo ID (NZ Passport, Driver’s Licence, Firearms Licence) and one other ID (Birth Certificate, utility bill).